CUBS Camp Counselor
Period of Employment: Mid June-August 12, 2022
- Lead, guide and supervise a group of 8-10 children in sports activities from 8:30 a.m-4:30p.m. - Monday-Friday.
- Create, implement and adapt curriculum to best meet the needs and abilities of campers.
- Maintain a fun and engaging presence with campers throughout the entire camp day, as well as and during check-in and check-out times.
- Assist with demonstrating sport skills and teaching rules of play, as well as participate with the campers in many activities.
- Greet campers and their families at daily camp check-in.
- Supervise and oversee camper safety during daily sports activities, swimming and lunches. Each counselor will be responsible for the supervision of approximately ten campers.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and physical care of campers.
- Enforce the health and safety regulations of the New York State Dept. of Health and Cornell University.
- Other camp duties as assigned by the CUBS Camp Director.
- A counselor must be at least 18 years old.
- NOTE1: NCAA bylaw 220.127.116.11, regarding the employment of prospects applies (2008/2009 NCAA Division I Manual).
- NOTE2: NCAA bylaw 18.104.22.168.1.1 Exception -- Employment After Commitment applies (2014/2015 NCAA Division I Manual).
- High School and/or college sports experience.
- Experience working with or supervising children.
- Must be able to work independently and act responsibly. Ability to enforce camp rules and regulations while supervising youth athletes.
- One year of college and past experience in camp counseling preferred.