CUBS Camp Counselor
Period of Employment: Mid June-August 13, 2021
- Lead, guide and supervise a group of 8-10 children in sports activities from 8:30am-4:30pm - Monday-Friday.
- Assist with camp registration/check-in and interaction with parents.
- Assist with demonstrating sport skills and teaching rules of play.
- Man a table or station at camper registration.
- Supervise and oversee camper safety during daily sports activities, swimming and lunches. Each counselor will be responsible for the supervision of approximately ten campers.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and physical care of campers.
- Enforce the health and safety regulations of the New York State Dept. of Health and Cornell Camps and Clinics.
- Report all health needs of participants to appropriate medical staff.
- Other camp duties as assigned by the CUBS Camp Director.
- A counselor must be at least 18 years old.
NOTE 1: NCAA bylaw 13.2.4, regarding employment of prospective student-athletes.
NOTE 2: NCAA bylaw 22.214.171.124, regarding after completion of senior year (2020/2021 NCAA Division I Manual)
- High School and/or college sports experience.
- Experience working with or supervising children.
- Must be able to work independently and act responsibly. Ability to enforce camp rules and regulations while supervising youth athletes.
- One year of college and past experience in camp counseling preferred.