CUBS Camp Counselor
Day camp counselor for seven weeks from June 25-August 10, 2018
- Lead, guide and supervise a group of 8-10 children in sports activities from 8:45 a.m-4:40 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Additional assignment of before and after camp care duty required (on a rotating schedule with other counselors) from 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Assist with demonstrating sport skills and teaching rules of play.
- Assist with camp registration and interaction with parents.
- Man a table or station at camper registration.
- Supervise and oversee camper safety during daily sports activities, swimming and lunches. Each counselor will be responsible for the supervision of approximately ten campers.
- Assume responsibility for the safety, physical care and discipline of campers.
- Enforce the health and safety regulations of the New York State Dept. of Health and Cornell Camps & Clinics. Report all health needs of campers to appropriate medical staff.
- Other camp duties as assigned by the CUBS Camp director.
- A camp counselor must be at least 18 years old.
- One year of college education and past experience in camp counseling preferred.
- High School and/or college sports experience.
- Experience working with or supervising children needed.
- Must be in good academic standing. Study in education/PE preferred.
- Ability to enforce camp rules and regulations while supervising campers ages 6-12.
Compensation: $290-$350 / week, based on prior experience. Lunch provided.